Thread: '50 chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #357
Matt_50

Re: '50 chevy 3100

Gotten a few things done lately. I think I've gotten all my cab leaks fixed. As I mentioned in another thread, the cowl vent seal is really thick. It works but I think I might take the advice to change it out.

We have had a lot of rain so it got tested out quick. Realized I had a little trickle from wiper arm seal. So I replaced both of those next. Had some light showers and it looks good so far, I'll see after a heavy rain.

Cleaned up and painted my new battery tray. Seam sealed the edges but did drill two little holes for collected rain water that managed to get through.

Welding skilled have improved since first doing original patches, me and a buddy went over a spot in the floor that I didn't like, and everything else looks good.

Pulled out transmission crossmember. I had originally only had bolts run through it to keep it from moving and spinning. I decided it needed to be welded and I'm much happier with it. Even though it wouldn't be seen I wanted it to be done right.

In another thread I have been getting wiring harness ready. Buying a few things and getting a full list and plan out before I go nuts.

Also got a new alternator bracket in, next build I'll try not to misplace anything, and new thermostat housing to point hose towards radiator. Clamps are on the list but hoses are cut and fitted.

A lot of this stuff is taking me a while and in a few cases I take a step back to redo something, but I know when I'm done it'll be a solid truck. Maybe not the prettiest lol but body skills are improving.
Attached Images