Thread: Hijack Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 06:28 AM   #188
special-K
Special Order

Re: Hijack Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Speaking of Honda's, if I hook both the negative and positive battery cables to the positive post on my Ford, will the starter turn faster?
It might, but if not insurance will pay for another starter and another Ford... and anything else that burned up.

My friend's dad's (Jim) shop is gone that's to an F250 that could cross circuits all by itself.

Jimmy bought a new '70 (I think) C/30 wrecker when he got out of the service. Used and used it, eventually sold to Dave's Body Shop. My friend who is younger than that truck was at an old junk yard where the man died and his son is piece by piece liquidating it all. My friend went to buy an S10 Blazer back seat, through Craigslist. Whle talking he catches a glimpse of a 67-72 with a wrecker rig among the dense stash of vehicles. He says to the guy, "I bet that wrecker says Dave's Body Shop on the doors and the PTO handle is a connecting rod". Yep, it did! My friend is negotiating the sale and will get in shape (it's all there) to give back to his dad... Jim!

EDIT: Sorry if all this somehow relates to prior posts

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote