Thread: whats this ?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 10:43 AM   #12
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: whats this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
When I was a kid of around 11 -12 years old I fixed my own bike chains ,, I had a master link and I would take links out or add them depending what bike I was working on.. I had 4 bikes at the same time .. I was the street dealer on bikes in the old sawmill town I lived in where my dad worked at the mill.. lived in company houses . would lay the bike on its side and install the chain in and around the frame and use a old chunk of rail road piece my dad had and put the link together and hammer the pins with a hammer on the out side of the link side to keep them together.. then loosen the rear wheel up from the frame and install the chain and then slide the wheel back to tighten the chain .. been many a years since I did this.. I never had the tool shown above ,,can not remember ever seeing one .. it would of been usefull in my younger days .
That is the same scenario as myself. Growing up I was know as the bike man to all the other kids. I would buy, sell and trade all the time. I befriended an older man in town that owned a bike shop and he is the one that gave me my 1st chain breaker. We were always wheeling and dealing with each other. I wish I still had some of the bikes I have had over the years. I really miss my diamondback. All I ended up keeping was my Mongoose even though I don't see my big ass ever getting on it again. I will never let it go other than to my grandson when he is ready to ride
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote