View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 10:17 AM   #10
SCOTI

Re: Uh yeah.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
Comparing the molded plastic covers to the carpet covers is like comparing tires to wagon wheels.

Carpets laid on top and you could see the edges. The molded plastic covers go all the way to the edge and you can't see the old piece beneath it. And since it can be (if you want the color to match) painted, it can also be protected from the suns rays.

The idea of replacing an old top with one just as old seems a bit futile to me.

The idea is to give the OP different ideas on how to deal with what he terms, a difficult task.

We now return control of this thread to the OP.
Every single molded cover goes seemlessly to the edge & hides all damage? Every manufacturer?

The idea of replacing a factory dash (entire dash, not just the top) that is sun-damaged or broken w/another factory dash that has not been exposed to sun damage or other damages seems pretty logical to me. You know the OE dash is going to look, work, & fit just like your old broken OE dash.

With that said, I will again say thanks for the info & links provided during the discussion about "replacing a cracked dash".
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote