View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #35
LT7A

Re: Pitterpat's 84 C20 mild build

I'm glad that you decided to keep this truck, and welcome!

I have a similarly outfitted truck and am keeping both the CB and the canopy. You may consider some options for a radio that don't require cutting the dash -- it's always nice to keep that intact if it has survived this long. There are options if you want input.

TKCR is very well qualified to help with the interior questions you are asking. I also think you are referring to the bituminous sound dampening that was installed at the factory when you say masonite. It may not be in every truck if it was installed as part of an option package -- I don't know. You can leave it in place or remove it and replace it with other products. If it's in your way, there are some products that can be lighter and still be effective, just ask.

Good luck and do what you need to do to save the truck. Some times the simple fixes are the best because many vehicles have perished while the owners waited to have enough money and/or time to fix it with nice or new parts. Thanks for telling us about your process. We'd be up for hearing whatever history of it that you care to tell. We pretty much all like to hear when someone saves their dad's truck.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote