View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 06:52 PM   #36
sweetk30

Re: Why's it called a 2 ton???

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
This is definitely the trend I 've seen. Many medium duty trucks today are bought right up to the 26,000 GVW cut off, and these trucks are equipped with air brakes too boot. 20-30 years ago, these type of medium duty trucks would be in the 21-25,000 gvw range with juice brakes.
and in lots of states now even if your under CDL requirement for weight if i has air brakes you need a air brake specific endorsement on your license .

when i was towing for a living we had a guy loose a trailer off his HUGE rv diesel pusher motor home . cops showed up and d.o.t cop also . he got a ticket for driving out of class as he had no RV air brake endorsement on his license . the guy said the dealer ship never asked or told him he needed it . cop said thats not there job sucks o be you . funny thing was the guy just sold off his construction biss and wanted to travel the usa . he of all people should have known to have air brake endorsement with all the trucks and equipment he had in the company .

also lots of these guys with pickups and huge trailers hey need a CDL for the combined weight class they now fall in to . when the natural gas drilling boom hit a few years ago here in the north east they were slamming them hot shot haulers left and right for non correct license .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote