View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 09:41 PM   #288
sprint_9

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Been plugging away on my box, Im getting close to being done with body work. My plan is to assemble and paint in the coming days. Picture of one of the boxsides after filler and feather fill. This was sanded out with 120 and 180, I had a couple spots to fix, epoxy was spotted in and a little filler put on top of it. Once all that was done more epoxy went down to seal off the filler and 2k primer was blocked out with 180 and 320. I plan on going over everything with a hand pad and some 400 along with a red scuff pad before sealer.

I had one of my cousins machine my hood hinges, he slotted the mounting holes for the hood 6/32 on his mill. It worked great, my hood adjusted pretty good with the extra wiggle room.

When trying to come up with a game plan on painting my box assembled I coudnt really come up with something I liked that included the inner fenders installed. So I decided to paint them seperate and bolt on after the bedsides are painted. I finished them up a couple days ago, pretty happy how they turned out.
Attached Images

Last edited by sprint_9; 06-23-2019 at 09:47 PM.
sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote