View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
fast/cheap/right

Vacuum Line Frustration

So, I have done lots of hunting on Google, and scoured the Service Manual and I'm about ready to pull out my hair trying to untangle the mess a former owner left for me. I don't see any examples of a 4 port charcoal canister on a truck without EGR, and other than in the service manual, I dont see any examples of a second PCV ran to an air cleaner riser like mine. But the PCV lines are the only ones the manual references.

My truck is a 1971 C/20, 350, Quadrajet, no AC, no cruise, should be simple, right? I'm mostly sure the PCV lines, as well as the two lines that are currently connected to the charcoal canister (to PCV and Tank) are correct. I think the distributor is also correct (D1 to V1). I'm also guessing the small canister port goes to the timed vacuum port (C2 to V3). Where should the large canister port closest to the fender (C1), and air cleaner port be routed to? Also, what gets connected to V2, and is it to the fuel bowl?

I will attach a quick diagram, as well as a few images of what I am dealing with.

fast/cheap/right is offline   Reply With Quote