View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 01:44 PM   #9
DirtbagSean

Re: Side Money: 1984 SWB

Using Dinos Git Down as an excuse I somehow was able to swing finally getting suspension. My buddy Tommy at Switch Suspension lined me up with the full Mcgaughys line up, 2.5 spindles, 2" coils, flip kit, shackles, Belltech shocks and a notch.

I mention Tommy because he came thru big time for me on this lowering debacle. with 2 days until the GitDown the springs finally came in. Then at 8pm the night before I realized I ordered the 1.25" spindles instead of the 1". He left the Git Down pre-party, met me at the shop at 9pm, and sorted through pallets of spindles until we found a set I could use. The guy is a champion

Of all the "bolt on" suspension I've done it's been imports (sorry to say it, but the Japanese and Europeans are doing it better) , I have some kustom cars and have always made alot of my own parts on anything 'Merican. Needless to say the quick you-tube vids and 45 minute install suggestions were not part of the nights ahead here.

Bending the brake lines for clearance cost me 2 calipers, whether its my inexperience hammering on brake lines or what have you, it was an expected part of the process, so new calipers, pads, and brake lines happened. Most of the day leading up to the Git Down was chasing parts, trimming the bed, grinding the control arms to clear the 15x8s and sorting out ride height. Unfortunately the truck wasnt meant to make the show.

Last edited by DirtbagSean; 06-29-2019 at 02:58 PM.
DirtbagSean is offline   Reply With Quote