Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 10:54 PM   #225
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Hot Rod Flatz Metallic Gun Metal Gray

Guys, it looks awesome in person. These pictures don't do it justice. I am really impressed with the Devilbiss guns I got. They layed both epoxy and 2K high build primers, and the metallic single stage paint smooth as glass.

I used a 1.5mm tip at 10psi for the SS HRF. It called for a 1.4mm tip but I only had a 1.3 and 1.5 and I found some info researching that a 1.5 is a good tip for SS and metallic paints. I moved quickly with the gun and kept a little extra further distance from surface. I also made several passes for each coat, not just one single pass at 50% overlap. This really helped lay the metallic down evenly and it worked great. They I waited the 15 minutes the spec sheet mentioned and put down a second coat the same way. I actually ran out of paint halfway through the second coat. It took me like 15 minutes to get more paint mixed and I finished up where I left off and it did just fine. Very impressed with this HRF paint.

I taped off everything that shows when the truck is put together. I just painted the inside of cab and firewall. I'm pumped. I heard this paint is hard to lay down evenly but shoot, do you research and it will work out.

Again, these pics don't do it justice.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote