View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 04:26 PM   #12
Jesse B.

Re: Blazer/Jimmy 4x4 ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazintowers View Post
So what is the best solution to take some of the bouncy/bucking out of it? I like it and all, but when off-roading and hitting big bumps or ruts almost get bucked right out of the seat! Any good suggestions for shocks? single or double for taming it a bit?
I suspect some folks may have shocks that are too soft, but without knowing the shock valving they are running, I would just be guessing. It could be a number of things. As far as my own experience, I have a four inch "soft ride" lift kit and I initially had Bilstein shocks with the standard 255/70 valving and my front and rear bounced and bucked all over the place, kind of like the one poster's description of driving a jackrabbit. I replaced these shocks with Bilsteins that have their heaviest valving of 360/80 (front and rear) and it substantially improved the ride quality. I do not remember the part numbers of these shocks, but they are available. It still bounces a bit too much for my liking in the front while on rough rural roads, but I drive it at speeds up to 80 mph on the highway and it is smooth and stable. I am currently in the process of adding air bump stops to the front to absorb some of the excess bouncing when on really rough roads. I probably won't be done with that for a couple of weeks. I'll post up results when I'm done. So the answer, yes, firm shocks either single or double should greatly improve the situation in my opinion.
Jesse B. is offline   Reply With Quote