View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 06:47 PM   #17
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: If I had been around when this truck was for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It's good to do a little work, Larry, isn't it? The ole man's still got it . Where's the pictures?

I thought nothing of handling the 12' x 16' slab & small ramp with my son about 4 years ago. I was going to sub it to a concrete guy (who is older than me!), but it never worked out. My son had never done it and it got hot and sunny that day. This was under a shed roof I had built, but the sun was coming right under. As soon as we had it down I floated it and went straight to troweling. It was nonstop busting butt for longer than I like to recall. I was hurtin' for days . It tried to kill me! I decided I'd be more careful about what I got myself into from that day on!! I have a slab to pour under a carport I built last winter (12' x 22'). I dunno...........

It's not even that big, is it?
The slab was poured this morning ,,chose the light sweep with the deep cuts for in case of cracking down the road,, had a earth quake yesterday and the sons mother in law felt it ,, it was long ways off from us but this is California so I recomended the slab cuts.. will take photos of the finish slab to night and then soon as I get back home around the 15th I will post photos ..

and YES Tim it made me feel good to do the job with the son ,.