Thread: 292 Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 02:48 PM   #126
May70

Re: 292 Questions

I blew out the line from the sending unit up to the fuel pump. I got a tiny spec or two and that was it. Sprayed about a half bottle of carb cleaner down it and blew it out for a good minute. Seems clean and clear for the most part. Decided to take the sending unit out of the tank to see how that sock was looking (see pic). The sock really didnt look bad but the tank is rough. I siphoned out a little less than 5 gallons which seemed to be almost all of it. I ran it all through a t shirt to transfer it and you can see in the pic what 5 gallons worth held. Guess this marks off the theory that the something was plugged up but gunna need to take care of this tank now and hope the new fuel pump does the trick.

I have read some shops offer services to bath these in something and clean them up. Not real certain anyone close to me does that. Ill have to check around and on the price. A repo tank is 200 shipped from lmc but I think I could do better cleaning it myself and sealing it. That red kote stuff I have seen mentioned several times.

Ive got a jar of BBs that I think I might shake around in there to start with, nuts and bolts. Suggestions are welcomed, ha ha.
Attached Images

Last edited by May70; 07-08-2019 at 03:09 PM.
May70 is offline   Reply With Quote