View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 01:22 AM   #14
Average Joe

Re: Why aren't classic Suburbans "popular"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtoni View Post
A lot of kids remark that suburbans look like station wagons
This ^^^^^^^

Car mags pushed older wagons in the later 90's after "the dare to be different" movement. I think that really encouraged people to reconsider wagons as a family hot rod. Power Tour and other events really solidified how functional they are. However the 2 door hard tops are really still king of the hill when it comes to what most people will choose to build. Lighter, sportier, sexier, and better resale that resonates with a wider audience. I think that same logic applies to suvs.

On a similar note, have you guys looked at the '99-05 pickup market versus the 2000-2006 Tahoe and Suburbans? The pickups are easily bringing 30-40 percent more in my area. Its not uncommon to see early 2000 Suburbans selling for 3,000 dollars or less wheras the trucks are usually $4000 and above. People view large SUV's as family trucksters. Just look at Clark Griswold.

Dont get me wrong. I love how practical my old Burb is. It works great for me. Its existense in my life was predicated by a growing family that no longer fit in my '69 C10 pickup though.

An Average Joe and His 'Burb:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=775843

Last edited by Average Joe; 07-14-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote