View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 11:35 AM   #212
MARTINSR

Re: Our Trucks Doing What They Did - Vintage Photo Thread

Ok, I found these photos on the net and am posting them along with the story under them. I was WRONG, the photo of the truck looking better was taken 5 years before the other!

(1950)* - Valley Times photo caption reads "Marty Faust and Rod Boutelle, co-owners of North Hollywood Television store, prepare to deliver another TV set to one of their customers. After three years of operation the store is one of the largest retail television stores in Valley." The store was located at 11413 Moorpark Street in North Hollywood.

(1955)* - Rod Boutelle, right, owner of North Hollywood Television, helps load a Packard-Bell color TV set on delivery truck as he prepares to observe his seventh anniversary at his North Hollywood location, Moorpark at Tujunga. Assisting him is Ralph Voit, service manager."

So in the first photo said to be 1950 "Mr. Smilie" Rod Boutelle is an owner of the store and the other guy Marty Faust is his partner in the business. Then now looking at it, the second photo Mr. Smilie looks even more haggard so it must be a later photo as they say in 1955. The second photo, there is no Marty, I am thinking Mr. Smilie drove him out of the business with his crappy attitude.

The first photo it's a early technology black and white where the second photo it's a new and advanced COLOR tv, WHOOO HOOO! Do any of you remember seeing a color tv for the first time, wow! We used to go to a friend of the families house on Sunday to watch "Wonderful world of Disney" in color, no kidding!

So it does look like the truck looked better in the first photo, but I can't believe other than those tie down hooks that it's the same truck. I can't believe they would have painted it different and in five years it could look so bad, is that possible? Those hooks really do say something to me, unless you guys have other thoughts on that, was this a dealer installed location or something like that? Those look like they are in the exact same location.
Here is a link to where I swiped the photos, very cool site if you have any memories or connections of Hollywood.
https://waterandpower.org/museum/Ear...y_9_of_10.html

It's so funny, there is a business here in town owned by a "Mr. Smilie" and I just went there yesterday and picked up my lawn tool he fixed. This guy is such a downer it's insane! I want to tell him "go back into the shop and do that work and hire someone to talk to customers." He is HORRIBLE when talking to customers, wow, holy crap. He REALLY needs to get someone to do that, his business would be much better if he did that.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote