Thread: EZ wiring
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 03:25 PM   #1
Matt_50

EZ wiring

I finally got ahold of tech support at EZ wiring. Im not sure how many times I have tried, one time I let it ring for 14 minutes. Not upset just a little annoyed. I can understand a small business or one man tech support.

Anyways, in the meantime I found help from others and got my wiring just about done and today I got a couple things clarified.

For example, I moved my battery and put it under the hood. Because I did this I was asked by a few people why have the alternator charge wire go all the way back to fuse box, why not just run the shorter distance to battery or starter solenoid. Made sense to me, less wire distance, voltage drop, resistance and all that stuff I had read about, so I cut the (alt power) wire and I have a wire going straight from alternator to battery. Found the same wiring for my alternator on other diagrams so I figured it just depended on person and company preference.

When I finally got to talk to tech support, he said why'd I cut that before calling him lol. Anyways, he said I could splice it back and run it like he intended or I could go to battery but use a thicker wire. Battery is a foot away vs fuse box being a good 4 feet away.

I'm going to guess that he originally wanted charge wire going back to fuse box because he has no idea where each customer will put the battery in their project. Sound right?

Here's a drawing of how he wanted it. Only thing I changed was cutting the (alt power wire) shortly after fuse box and instead used a section of that wire from alternator to battery positive. I plan to finally get it started next week. Do you guys think this makes a huge differece? Is there any reason I should resplice it back? Is it better to have the alt charge wire go all the way back to fuse box or go the shorter distance?

Matt
Attached Images