View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #168
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Small update, been busy with usual life stuff and combined with the fact is really hot outside right now and my garage is not air-conditioned.the rear sway bar is officially done other than finish welding the mounts on the axle housing. I'll do that later when I have it out to weld the spring perches on.
The 91 S10 never came with the rear sway bar that I am aware of. The sway bar I used came off the rear of a two-wheel drive 2nd gen extreme S10.I have seen kits that you could buy that had the upper mounts but after mocking everything up in place I just made them myself out of some inch and a half by 3/16 angle iron. Cut them, round the corners and drill a hole. Simple enough. There's a nice flat spot on the back of the factory shock mount that they welded to. For the sway bar links I used a pair of rear sway bar links for a 2000 through 2006 suburban just because I had them already.
The axle mounts took a little bit more work, but it was really not that hard. The stock S10 sway bar mount attaches to the axle with a u bolt and a saddle. my cost on those saddles brand new through the dealership was about five bucks a piece so for that price I wasn't going to mess with Rusty ones. A little bit of time spent with the angle grinder and a flap wheel to readjust the radius for the Ford rear end and from there it was just tack it together and bolt it up.
Next on the project list is to pull the front end off again so I have access to get my pedals mounted and get my steering shaft hooked up. from there it's on to transmission linkage, get the master cylinder mounted, the fun stuff that I can actually see progress and feel like I'm getting something done.

Nick
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote