Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 01:51 AM   #6067
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

My new Lokar shifter for the 4L60E does not clear the Manual Lever Position Sensor (MLPS) plastic module thingie on the driver's side, I think some may call it the neutral switch

the shifter comes with a neutral switch however it does not offer a backup lights switch

the MLPS has a backup light switch, and it feeds info back to the PCM and it also has a Transmission Range Sensor plug in my wiring harness that goes to the MLPS, so it's not something I want to delete.

Update: Emailed Lokar Tech Support and Travis asked to see some pictures, fair enough, so I sent him some, can you see how in the first two pics that top hole is not above the black plastic box behind it, aka the MLPS, well that's the problem the darn rod end needs to go between that shift lever and the black box and there's no way it's gonna fit. Their instructions show it installed without the MLPS, however clearly state you do not need to remove it.

Thanks for feeling my pain you all, I expected more from a glossy page catalog outfit, ha ha.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 07-20-2019 at 02:03 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote