View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #49
saxart

Re: Interesting conversations...

Just last week I was at a local home improvement store when something odd happened. I had just got out of the truck when i hear a car pull up and a voice behind me. "Hey, you don't want to sell that do ya?" I turn around and see a sketchy looking guy in a early 90's Dodge mini van that is rusted to nothingness.

Without hesitating I say "Nope". He goes, "Well, I supposed everything is for sale for the right price......right?" I'm thinking, "buddy, you probably don't have money for lunch, why are you asking about my truck??" Then he goes, "You should let me take the dents out of that for ya.....that's what I do you know." (I don't know you, so, NO I don't know that!)

Now I'm getting frustrated. It's hot out, I just want to get inside and get the project supplies I needed and get back home, so I said, "The dents are fine, I built the truck, so this is the way I wanted it to be"

Well, THAT was the wrong thing to say. At this point he cranes his head out the window of his van and says, "What kind of shocks are those??" (He saw the rear shock relocate kit). "What kind of engine does it have?" "Auto or stick?"

I answer a few of his questions, but at this point the guy was getting creepy. We've all "talked truck" with someone before, but this guy seemed like he was fishing for info more than just curious banter, so I said, "Look buddy, I don't mean to be a jerk, but I have to go" and we parted ways.

Once I got in the store I looked out the window and realized this wasn't over. He made a slow loop through the parking lot and ended up back by my truck, so I stood there looking out the store window just making sure he wasn't going to try anything. He sat there until another vehicle pulled up behind him and honked, then he pulled to the far end of the parking lot and just sat there so I went ahead and did my shopping.

10 min later I walk out with my plumbing supplies and can still see the top of his van over the top of the cars in the parking lot. He's still in that far back corner. As I pulled out of the lot, he let a couple of vehicles go in front of him, then he pulls out (he never did go in the store).

At this point I went the complete OPPOSITE way instead of heading toward home because this guy was most certainly following me. I finally lost him by letting a traffic light turn green and jumping in the left turn lane at the last minute (he was right behind me and would have made a scene to follow me). As he went by he eerily peered out his window at me. Once he disappeared down the block I quickly turned around and got out of there, looking in my rear view mirror the entire time.

Why couldn't this guy just let it be friendly banter, but instead had to make it turn creepy???

Last edited by saxart; 07-20-2019 at 09:59 AM.
saxart is offline   Reply With Quote