View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 01:09 PM   #26
DirtbagSean

Re: Side Money: 1984 SWB

Nothing too crazy for updates lately, just super fun maintenance stuff. The new compressor blew out the pressure relief valve in traffic, so I ordered in a replacement with AZ just to have the wrong housing on the back stopping the bracket from mounting. No other compressors in Arizona for replacement with AZ so I was able to luck out and go with another 4 seasons with O'riellys. Concerned with the comp issue I went ahead and overhauled the rest of the system, new lines, condensor, orifice tube, and attempted to get the Evap but it came in damaged so I passed on it. All said and done I went with a 2.8lb charge because honestly 3.1 seems excessive and I was sweating blowing this valve out again. So far, so good, blows as cold as before with the higher charge so I guess time will tell.

Shortly after that situation I had some low throttle bucking issues in traffic, so since I havent rebult a carb in 20 years and I havent seen the inside of this one, I figured why not. It didnt hurt that after pulling the model numbers off of my carb for the rebuild I realized I had another carb on the shelf in the box in the garage just in case things went horribly wrong for some reason.

Initial start went great with minimal tuning, but later that night it bucked again and seemed back up to old habits. Quick youtube video later and some air/fuel mix tuning and its a ton better, but this truck just doesnt like a cold start with AC on. So I'll keep chasing.
DirtbagSean is offline   Reply With Quote