View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 06:53 PM   #5
FoxCustom

Re: ‘87 Chevy V20 - “Heavy Duty Stock” My Daily Build

The shake down:

Immediately upon getting the truck home from OH, I did the usual spark replacement, oil, check all fluids, replace all the bulbs, filters, and standard tune up things. Being that this was in the winter in Michigan, 4wd had to be functional! So a pair of Warn Premium hubs soon took the place of the broken factory units. (First Photo is from the initial “test cruise” on Christmas Eve! Success!!)

After finishing up my ‘50 Panel truck for Autorama, it was time for some spruce ups like fresh lenses front and rear, removing the old headliner, and more odds and ends.

Then.... the fuel tanks. Both of them. Dripping out of the bottom... After the wresting the new tanks in place, the worst part was just getting all the hoses hooked up (with really no room above, it was not easy). Each tank was loaded up with fresh TBI sending units and a fresh right side pump. Before installation, I scuffed and brushed POR15 on the bottom half of each new tank. Holding up well to this day!

The on-the-road Photo is from the day trip out to th west side of the state - everything performed great!

At this point, I had been cruising around with the stock muffler and single exhaust system so it was time for some fresh pipes and cherry bombs tucked up nice and tight under the chassis. (Broken in very nicely now and give a good “raappp” sound!)
Attached Images

FoxCustom is offline   Reply With Quote