Thread: 292 Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 10:00 AM   #2
May70

Re: 292 Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Grad View Post
Wow, that video helps for sure. Something is definitely amiss with your setup. Steeveedee is on to something. I've not seen a steady rise in intake vacuum as the throttle is opened like yours does. Then immediately drop to zero like that. Read up some more on vacuum gauge reading. There's something to explain the sudden drop like that. Also sounds like you got a knock or something that is rpm related. I could be wrong and just hearing things. Either way, I'd start at the exhaust manifold and work your way back to the end of the tail pipe. But the heat riser valve is probably gonna be the culprit. Do you have it connected properly? I couldn't tell you what it's supposed to look like or how it functions. Never had one and I just put headers on my dads 292. My guess is that its malfunctioning or inoperable. Especially because you say that youve let the engine warm up and it still reacts the same regardless.
Are you talking about this? Its got one of the heat release springs on it and its not stuck. The exhaust manifold I just bought a few months ago. With the engine about warm its still in the same place though. I held it open all the way (i guess) and gave it gas, no change.

I dropped the exhaust and cut off the muffler, then I put the pipe back on it just so I wouldn't get smoked out. Muffler looks fine inside. Definitely not the problem. I made another video just to show its the same exact thing. No difference that i see.

https://youtu.be/mRvxsyky7pg

That sound that was mentioned is definitely there. Not sure if thats considered a knock or what but when I first brought it home didnt notice it.
Attached Images

Last edited by May70; 08-01-2019 at 11:59 AM.
May70 is offline   Reply With Quote