View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 01:59 PM   #486
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

I got the latest gadget installed! A wide band air/fuel guage made by Innovate. First photo shows the O2 sensors ready for installation after calibration. The instructions were obviously written by someone who is very knowledgeable about the product and assumes everyone knows what they know. So there are gaps in the instructions nothing too terrible but it is definitely not a step by step guide to installation.
This thread by Gregski covers the same guage I purchased.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=713728

The second photo shows it up and running. My initial feelings are good. It seems to be consistent with its readings. It shows my idle ratio to be about 13.4 at start up and within a minute it is at 12.3. When it is idling hot the ratio is 11.8 at the richest. These numbers aren't steady (steady enough not to cause concern) but what my mind is averaging them to be. Obviously I need to lean the idle circuit out but I'm letting things be for now until I get a good handle on how it reacts over time.
Once the truck is driving around in high gear the ratio is between 14.3 and 15.8. With it getting leaner as the truck speeds up leading me to believe that the primary side jetting is good but the power piston spring is too soft. I haven't really had any chance to see what the secondary side is doing. The accelerator pump action also seems to be lean, but as this is my first time with a permanently installed A/F meter I may find that I am wrong about that.
More to follow.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote