View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #138
Killer Bee

Re: Before and After pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
That bed wood is nothing short of amazing. Did you hit it with some 80 grit or a hammer or something, so that when someone who doesn't care how it looks damages it, and it doesn't bring a tear to your eye? I don't fix anything around my home or vehicles to look really nice, because somebody is just going to mark it/break it/scratch it for you. I bought a new car in '16, and it had $1100 worth of body damage on it (by parties unknown) before it even got it's first oil change. I keep thinking about selling it and buying an old pickup with a crap paint job and chunks of rail road track for bumpers. Run into this, *****!
thank you! kinda proud of it, even got a nod from Joesjunk when I drove it up to his place to visit..

I hear ya, just can't have nice things anymore, not out in public anyways

I actually chose pine because it was original style and chose the finish coatings for durability..

well, short of trying to be sloppy, it just turned out like that as a by-product of putting it together properly

the finish coats were also applied for durability and as a result, look pretty decent

it is going to be tough to initiate the bed again, but I suspect it wasn't much different when they were newly painted from factory

we'll see how it looks when I go back to the farm next visit..