View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #438
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

I spent the last two days off working on my lights. I already managed to get the stop lights and turn signals to function, but my headlights and parking lamps didn't want to work. I also needed to connect the front parking lamps and headlights to the Dodge wire harness, so I spliced those connections in.

After chasing things with a meter and a test light, I was reasonably certain that the Dodge headlamp switch was bad, not my connections or grounds. I have a headlamp switch that came with the Ron Francis Wire Works kit that I bought 20 years ago. It is a different style plug and has some different/less circuits than the Dodge switch, but for troubleshooting, it worked well enough.

I ended up jumping my wires from the Dodge headlight switch plug to the GM style switch provided with the RF kit. Once everything was jumped, I found I have parking lights OR headlights, but not both. The headlights do switch back and forth between low and high, using the Dodge multi-function switch on the steering column. I'm reasonably certain that the parking lamp situation will be resolved when I replace the Dodge headlight switch with a new one.

-Joe
Attached Images