Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:54 PM   #287
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Well not much fun stuff going on over here. Just stripping the oil pan, front and rear covers, and replacing all the norm. New front and rear main seals, new cover seals, new oil pump, pickup tube, timing set, and water pump.... Stripping and painting things. Lots of cleaning. Oh and I managed to break my oil pan but I ended up finding one the very next day for cheap on FB Marketplace local guy. So cleaning that and getting it painted up.

Now here is some info you may enjoy/find useful. I ended up finding out the hard way that the timing set comes with a new camshaft sprocket and that sprocket/gear is pressed on therefore needed a puller to remove it. And this puller is special, the regular 3 jaw pullers don't work on it. So I ended up heading down to AZ even though all the threads on this forum were saying not to as they don't carry the correct puller. And they are correct, they don't have the puller everyone says to use. However, I was determined and I rented several different pullers after looking at their rental sheet and I noticed one that looked like it might work and sure enough, it was perfect.

It's the heavy duty pitman arm puller. And this thing was perfect. Worked like it was made for the job. So if you are reading this and you need to do the same, well your welcome

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote