View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 06:16 PM   #24
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Need some advice from you guys on what size truck to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It's not like a 2500 is too much truck to drive empty. The ride is great for what it can haul and not much different from a 1500. Also, fuel consumption difference is negligible. So why not get another camper hauler 2500 that is fine to run about in when home? That's the best package for someone who owns a travel trailer, IMO. A 1500 truck can do it and so can an SUV, but the 2500 does it better. I also like the idea of full-floating rear and would want that. The single rear 3500 I had drove and rode nice as a 1500, so it wasn't overkill but it was better
I know Tim, the heavy Duramax for sure as the weight over comes the bumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Larry, as you know, we bought my Duramax new. It just turned over 250,000 miles. I drove it to Florida two weeks ago and it got a solid 22 MPG driving it like an old man.

I just now got back from Missouri with a load of sod on my SIL's new Ram (Dodge) and it is pretty impressive.

WE have a couple of the Ram 2500's with the 6.4, and they pull a lot stronger than the 6.0 GM trucks.

Sounds like a Dodge commercial don't it? I have had several chances to move to a new truck, but I'm more than satisfied with my old Duramax.
Yes it does sound like a commercial..but a argued point to the good.. you are going to laugh at what I have in mind doing ,, who knows it might work to get me a newer truck than what I want to spend on ??? Changed my mind ,,I will try it and then tell you if it worked.. stay tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC View Post
Talked my brother into getting a 3/4 ton 2wd crew cab non-mega cab Dodge new (2014), and it was less than 30k - no regrets at all
Thats funny ,,and does look like a big big big truck pulling a little little travel trailer.

Last edited by GOPAPA; 08-14-2019 at 06:29 PM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote