View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 07:08 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: They can't all be gems! (70 3/4 ton)

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
Funny thing, I opened the hood and it was still latched shut!
One of my old Blazers sat up at the family's mountain top farm for years and got right rotty in that mist. I had the engine/trans/t-case/hump out and poison ivy grew up into it like a greenhouse. Through the windows all you saw was a poison ivy terrarium. I had N.O.S. parts in there I couldn't get to. In the winter the snow was always too deep to drag it out. So it sat and sat. Little by little I'd get brave, suit up in coveralls, gloves, and hooded sweatshirt to recover my parts (4wd tie rod, rear Blazer drums, RH sport mirror, Blazer tank, and some other things). One time I went up there and soon as I pulled in it was "Who the heck opened my hood and left it up!??!". Upon further inspection I realized the skin had rusted all the way around the bottom and the springs raised it up leaving the inner parts down and latched. I had to laugh! That one I did get what little was good and scrapped it. The main poison ivy vine was a big fuzzy 3" serpent that was latched into the seat piping up along the back. I have pictures somewhere

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote