Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 10:57 PM   #294
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Torque Converter Prep

Started getting my TC ready for install. Just following the instructions, research on the internet, and then an email or two with Circle D all I have to do is make sure there is between 1/8" - 3/16" of clearance between the two mating surfaces of the TC and flywheel. There were some other measurements online I found that you can use to help prepare you before you install like the distance between the bellhousing flange and the mounting surface of the TC. This measurement helps you determine if you got the TC fully seating onto the trans shaft. You know, the infamous 3 clicks

I love seeing my name on the TC. But I guess I don't really want to post that picture with some of the unfortunate lurkers on this site... So all your getting is the install/testing/build code pic

So then I installed the new OEM style flywheel. Blue loctite on the threads. 3 rounds of torque specs, 15lb, 35lb, then 74lb to finish.

Then I dry installed everything to the block. Popped off the bell housing plug. And checked for clearance. I ended up having to use the large washer/spacer that came with my TC kit to get the correct spacing/clearance. I used the drill bit method. Came out just right next size up from eighth inch at 9/64".

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote