View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
flashed

Re: Resale vs personalizing

I love both of those trucks and would proudly drive and own either one . I only have one truck that is period correct and original , a 72 K10 I bought from a member here in California and had shipped to Ga . Unfortunately I killed the 350 motor in it but just bought a good used one for it .
My Orange 72 that I had restored frame off was no where near original when I bought it . It was a factory short bed truck with a 6 cylinder and auto trans originally . When I got it it had been Hotrodded back in the day and needed pretty much everything . I restored it tastefully , Medium Red paint (original) after rust repair , BuddyBucket seats in Black , Black 3 point seat belts , radio delete ,it had a non working AM , hid a radio in the BuddyBucket console ,hidden ower antenna in a stake pocket , kept the white painted bumpers , turned out well .

Im going to build a 70 shorty stepper next when it comes home from rust repair , it will retain most of its original patina paint , Blue houndstooth BuddyBuckets , Blue Vinyl floor mat , radio delete , 5.3 and overdrive from a wrecked 04 Avalanche ,373 Posi , white steelies with caps from Special K . Cant wait to drive this one .
I have others waiting their turn .
I like original trucks but they are hard to come by , my 70 stepper was original , 6 cylinder , 3 on the tree , I persisted for 25 years and finally got it bought from the original owner but it was locked up tight .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote