View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 12:13 AM   #1
Root_Drum_Co

Cool Lowering my gmc, flip kit too low, shackles not enough, cant decide how!!!

Ok so, I wanna get my altitude problem solved. I dont want to slam it, but I want it noticably lower but id love to spend very little money. I can weld and my lieutenant at work runs a metal-fab shop on the side if i need any pro help.
so here’s my issue....

Im worried a flip kit will get me too low for my particular truck and I think that shackles alone won’t get me low enough. I have 1” lowering springs from BrothersTrucks on the front currently and removed the coil helpers from the back with plain shocks in their place. I think im going to try to cut the original springs in the front first and get the front how I’m envisioning first then work on getting the back evened out. I “think” i want a 2”/4” drop overall. But im not sure, really I’ll just know it when i see it. P.s. this truck will never haul any real weight.

So whatta y’all think? Shackles and modified hangers? Anybody ever lengthened factory shackles? Will i need drop shocks? I’ve heard of using front shocks in the back or vice-versa but i cant remember the details. But shoot me some opinions and ideas either way, just looking for some input. Trying to get pics up for reference...
Root_Drum_Co is offline   Reply With Quote