View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #10
Gotenntitans

Re: Opportunities then and now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
I feel that cell phones, computers etc, have led to a dumbing down of society. Seems that no one is interested in learning & retaining anymore since "all i have to do is look at my phone for the answer" There seems to be a severe lack of common sense anymore.
Current high school math teacher for 23 years here.....fully agreeing with your statement!

Lots of kids do work hard, but most are fully preoccupied with their phones, social media, and gaming......at all hours of the day and night. They're not overly concerned about their upcoming algebra or trig test.

My school has banned phones and earbuds during school hours from 7:45-3:15. Before school or afterwards on bus trips or breaks during practices, they're OK.

Technology is good if used correctly. Occasionally, I'll show a YouTube video that goes along with my lesson and I attach the link to an email to both students and parents so they can access it at home if they want to.

A teacher friend of mine says "a Corvette without brakes is a danger to everyone on the highway." I suspect he is right.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote