View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #4
AcampoDave

Re: DIY exhaust resonance cancellation

Let's se if they work then....Using the leftovers from my Summit DIY exhaust kit, I fashioned up a pair for my truck. It has duals with Super Turbo's, the intermediate and tailpipe diameters are 2.25" constructed from the Summit mandrel bent kit. The head pipes are 2" crush bent. I have no crossover and I already exit out the bumper but do experience the drone at around 2000 RPM. The resonator J bends will tap in before the mufflers, run parallel to the exhaust and point forward anchored with a hangar. I do have a bit of telescoping incorporated into the joint (at the pencil in pic) where I'll use a clamp. I smacked a couple of chainlink fencepost caps on the ends. I Dont know if being domed will have an effect, but they were a no-brainer to put on. I also downloaded a spectrum analyzer app for my tablet and after I get my driveshaft back in (different project), I'll hit the road and see what frequency I need to cancel. Then I'll get busy tayloring them to length and weld them in. Stay tuned I hope to report back in a couple of weeks or so.
Attached Images

Last edited by AcampoDave; 08-18-2019 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Typo
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote