View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 03:04 PM   #11
weim55

Re: 1968 Chevy C10 manual drum brakes problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
I read this whole thread with great interest due to me currently working on the original manual drum brakes on my 67. I am not trying to hijack the thread, maybe answers to my questions will help the OP as well.

I have a new master cylinder and have currently gotten the old master off along with the distribution block. I have taken the rear brake lines loose at the rear wheel cylinders and cannot blow air through so I am going to pull the whole system apart it appears.

Have shelved that just a bit while I get the bed off for easier access to the rear section but I do have a question.

I have seen front and rear brake kits on RockAuto and one other site that include shoes, drums, wheel cylinders, and hardware. The big concern I have is RockAuto is half the price of the other place. Anyone got recommendations down this road?

I will eventually convert to power brakes and front disc. If I end up replacing my hard lines will I have to replace them again to swap to power disc?

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Usually the blockage In the fluid lines are at the junction from hardline to soft line. If you split them apart The blockage is almost always on the soft line side right at the connection. The soft line will be a throwaway and the hardline can usually be cleared easily. Only once have I had to trash the hard line because the blockage was impossible to clear.

Steve weim55 Colorado
weim55 is offline   Reply With Quote