Thread: Wife's 48
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 06:22 PM   #291
8man

Re: Wife's 48

Ok, I may not know much about this stuff, but I can be taught! Thank you all.

Spent all day on the truck. The first 2 hours was measuring and leveling. Yes, the front of the cab was between 3/4" and 7/8" low, depending on which side I measured. I checked side to side on the cab, and square to the frame, and I swear it is right that way.

So I made up some 3/4" spacers out of some C channel and some 1/8" plate, jacked up the front of the cab, put the spacers in, and sat the cab back down and it is almost level with the bed.

Then I put the running boards on to test fit them, and I can get them level with both the bed rail and the cab floor. When I say level, it is off about 0.1 degree between the three on each side, but it looks a lot better.

IMG_0211 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

I started on the running board mounts while I'm working on this stuff. I figured it was time to get them made up and test fit. After that I'll do the spacers for the front clip. I had to raise it to match the cab.

On that note, the Riders rear fender and the riders front fender have been worked on by the PO. When I test fit the running board, the rear fender didn't line up well to the back of the running board. I could tighten the bolts down and bend the fender to match the shape of the RB. Also, the front of the RB hits the rear of the front fender, as it appears to be bent a little.

Questions; I don't think the rear is a big problem as the shape is good once the bolts are tightened, but I don't think the front of the RB should hit the front fender, so is this all correct? Also, should the front inside of the RB line up with the inside of the fender, and line up with the bottom of the fender bottom roll?
Build thread: "]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746899&highlight=wife%27s+48[/URL]
[/URL]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=840204
8man is offline   Reply With Quote