View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 01:41 PM   #772
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Suburban and panel finds

72 K20 two tone green! $13750. Its got a great rack! Not my truck.

https://corvallis.craigslist.org/cto...962643679.html

1972 Chevy K20 Suburban
This is my daily driver right now and it's a joy to drive everyday. The engine and transmission are rebuilt and just turned a year old with about 2000 miles on them. I have been driving it five days a week to work, taken it between Albany and Portland several times, and driving out for weekend hunting trips this spring without ever having to break out the roadside tool kit. I don't have any desire to get rid of this truck, as I have poured a lot of time, effort, money, and definitely some blood into it. I bought this truck intending to restore it as a working/family/hunting/camping vehicle and keep it forever. I am well on my way toward that goal, having got it on the road after 7 years of storage in my shop. But a down payment on a house for my family has a higher priority, and this is the most valuable possession I presently own. So I am listing it for sale because it might help me attain a higher family goal. I am not merely trying to get rid of it for any sub-reasonable offer.
Here’s all the details of this great machine.
Engine:
GM 350 bored .10 over (machine work done at Central Cylinder Head in Portland). block rebuild parts are Summit.
CompCams camshaft and timing gear set (see photos for camshaft specs).
Elgin fully rollerized rocker rollers under tall valve covers.
New pushrods and lifters
New high volume oil pump
Edelbrock single plane Torker II intake.
F.A.S.T. ez-efi fuel injection conversion. This system is fantastic. Self-learning, self-tuning. Touch screen display that shows live data and allows for engine tuning on the fly.
Mechanical fuel pump is deleted with block off plate.
New poly fuel tank with In-line electric fuel pump. The tank is in-tank pump ready so if you want to switch to an in- tank pump, you can anytime.
Center dump ram horn exhaust manifolds bolted to new 2.25” diameter exhaust pipes with stainless steel Magnaflow mufflers. The exhaust tone is humble, but means business.
Accessory drive system converted to single belt serpentine drive off a ‘95 chevy pickup, including the engine accessories.
New alternator
New water pump
New aluminum heater core
New all aluminum radiator, cooled by a pair of electric fans custom wired in two stages (one for engine temp sensor and one for radiator temp sensor) for performance and redundancy with an overflow reservoir added. This cooling system is incredible. I’ve driven around Portland on several 90+ degree days in stop and go traffic and it holds temp beautifully.
Transmission:
TH350 rebuilt to stock, paired with a heavy duty torque converter.
Married NP205 transfer case with a new adapter that has a thicker mounting surface and the old OEM adapter.
Serviced front and rear differentials.
Front drive shaft with zero miles on it (rebuilt by Six States) because I haven’t mounted it back up yet.
Wheels and lug nuts are off a late model Chevy HD pickup. I have center caps for them as well.
33” BFG A/T tires are worn but still running good.
Body and interior:
Body parts are original, the differently colored front clip was the result of the previous owner starting a paint job, then changing his mind, and never getting back to finishing it. I have an unopened gallon, and an opened gallon half full, of the forest green you see on the front end.
While there are several small spots of superficial rust that can just be sanded out, the only area needs major attention is the rear passenger corner. I would plan on replacing this corner. But I think the rest of the truck can be cleaned up for new paint.
I have a number of parts, including but not limited to, a third row seat, new black grill, several clutch fans, the original fan shroud, couple OEM power steering pumps, the original steering wheel, new window regulator for the driver’s door, as well as other parts I am presently not recalling.
The dash pad and upholstery are rough and needing some love. But this doesn’t keep me from driving it everyday.
The dash is uncut and unmodified, with the original AM radio still working.
Heat blows very hot. Fan works well. Temp selector lever end is snapped off, but I think I have another fan control unit among the parts with this truck.

The engine is built. The transmission is built. All it needs is a couple areas of rust remediated followed by paint and some fresh upholstery.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote