Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 10:05 AM   #6122
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty - First Drive After LS Swap

first drive into work, post my LS swap, so exciting, fingers crossed... keep grinding fellas you can do it!

UPDATE: Ok if you are reading this today, I made it there and back, well it over heated on the way back but that was a bone head oversight on my part, forgot to tighten lower radiator hose clamp. The point is that I am being flat out honest with you all here and not hiding anything to make myself look good, no build is perfect, there are just too many moving pieces, it's like we are putting together a 3D organic moving puzzle, and most often doing it by ourselves. So it's ok, that's why we do a shake down run, and yes I drove it around the neighborhood first slowly to see if anything falls off, ha ha before I took it to work, but I always feel until you make a real run with your rig, to school, work, or your girlfriend's house (shhhh don't tell the wife, jk), it's just not done till then.

FYI: Took 2 months but I spent like 2 weeks redoing my entire exhaust cause I wasn't happy with it and wanted it to go over the rear axle, but using Magnaflow mufflers still.

Biggest Challenge: Adapting all the metric fittings to standard: trans cooler lines, power steering lines, oil pressure sensor, etc. seems the smaller the part the longer it took, ha ha, but everyone on here was super helpful, thank you so much.

Don't ask yourself will there be set backs, but ask yourself how will you handle them, (music helps, beer really works)!

Most Fun: Buying, Learning and Tuning using HP Tuners.

Advice: Buy the most you can in one shot: engine/accessories/transmission/wiring harness/computer/MAF/(drive by wire throttle) or risk getting nickle and dimed to death.

Budget: come on you guys, what? and risk my wife seeing this ������ Formula for success = come up with an arbitrary budget amount, than double it, then plan to exceed it! Question being how fast do you want to spend? ha ha

Last edited by Gregski; 08-30-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote