View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 12:32 AM   #142
joedoh

Re: Project: Kechi AD S10 4.3 auto

they said I would be sensitive to the heat for a while and boy howdy, I flop sweat at the stove nowadays.

I got the main harness through the firewall though and some of the stuff like the cruise moudle and the main power distribution box mounted and hooked up. I decided to work on front harness as a change of pace, normally I do it last but I had to pull the latch pan to build the air deflector so it would be easy to run wire. I was able to peel the harness a little and all the wires lined up perfect for the park/turn and the headlights.

the 98+ s10 uses a weird wiring arrangement for the headlights, there are discrete wires for high and low beam, and they are ground switched, not 12v, so you cant just use a 3 prong 7" headlight. I use a light that has a H4 and an H3 and wire the H3 as the high beam. the 70 year old headlight buckets are usually trashed anyway so I order a light that has a new adjuster and mount, and cut the original buckets so the trim ring still snaps/screws on. the three holes are for the new adjuster screws.

test fit, looks good.

mounted for good

Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote