View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 10:46 PM   #26
lintcollector

Smile Re: Noob with a daughters project

We made some progress yesterday, with the hope/dream of getting it licensed & legal this week. 2 things stopping us: horn & turn signal lights.

I went to work on the horn, following this excellent description/thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=711090

After borrowing a steering wheel puller from trusty "Barb" at AutoZone (AZ), who has been a help & resource as well, I removed the steering wheel and was looking at this dirty little gem:
Name:  201908 TS Icky.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  109.2 KB

We noticed the crack on the TS mechanism, so I went & pulled off the steering wheel from our donor truck, Floyd. Floyd has been a good resource before and came through again. I cleaned up the little bit of dirt/grime from Floyd's (left) and happily swapped out the parts, after buying a missing pin (highlighted in orange). Can't be going down the road with our turn signal on forever.
Name:  201908 TS Exchange_LI.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  56.5 KB

While I was working on the steering column, Goose went to work replacing both front brake calipers, from old rusted originals to AZ gems for $23 each. I was quite impressed she took it on and I had next to no involvement in the swap.
Name:  201908 New Calipers.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  109.2 KB

She then ended the night with adding seat belts, much to my wife's appreciation. Gotta keep mama happy and Goose safe after all.
Name:  201908 Seatbelts.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  94.0 KB

We replaced one hose, the return hose for the power steering (blue arrows). Then, we also tested the one part of the project and heard sweet melodious noise/honk from the horn. The day was a success!
Name:  201908 Horn & Pipe_LI.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  54.0 KB

One down (horn), one to go (turn signals)

See my build thread here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=771552
lintcollector is offline   Reply With Quote