Thread: '50 chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 10:03 PM   #442
Matt_50

Re: '50 chevy 3100

Awhile back I sanded and wire wheeled my hood. At least a 1/4 of it had bondo on it. Turned out there was a slight high spot. And a PO used a LOT of bondo and smoothed and spread it out so much that it hid the high spot and looked great. I spent half a day cleaning it off and the spot was a nice easy fix.

The driver front fender had a funny spot that was repaired with brass. Turns out the passenger fender had a brass repair in the same spot. I'm guessing this truck had those front lights added to the top of the fenders at some point. Anyways, the paint was cracking and I took a wire wheel to it and found the repair.

Ok, that spot isn't too scary but I went after other cracked paint spots. Another large area of bondo, I went all around looking at how big it was. It was a big area with bondo thick enough you could have hid penny's in. I could not feel anything on the backside so I remembered the hood and took it down to metal. I can't feel anything! It looks pretty good really. Maybe maybe a slight dent but I'll need water and a light to know for sure. WHY?? Why did someone put so much bondo on this truck!? Someone was talented, it took a lot of sculpting to get the cab corners just right but I pulled all that off too when I did cab corners.

Tomorrow I'll finish stripping the fender and then I can fix the minor little dents that there are.
Attached Images