View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 07:11 AM   #1068
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
a buddy of mine had an elsinore 125 growing up. great little 2 stroker.
good to see forward progress on the truck. I'm sure the a/c will be appreciated in your temps. how do you find your tire sizes as far as gear ration and land speed/rpm? I am thinking of going with 235/60r17 (28.1" tall tire) tires with a 3.73 diff ratio. curious how yours worked out for speed vs rpm at highway cruising speed.
Agree. I really wanted a Elsinore 125 back in the day. My parents were pretty aggressive about keeping me off of motorcycles. As a result, I don't have a permanent limp like most of my motorcycle friends!!

Speed vs RPM seem to be reasonable. When driving around town in the 45 +/- range engine rpm I do note that engine speed is at about 1,500 rpm. Never even considered it when choosing the tire size but should have. Just went for the look. I'll soon be driving it more and will gather some more precise information. I photographed the Service Part Identification tag that was in the glove box of the body that came off of my frame. It shows that I have a GT4 (Photo: 1st column 3rd row) rear differential which is the 3.73 ratio as well.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote