View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #1070
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Nearly complete on the AC/Heat install. Looks like I got an A+ for installing all the lines with NO leaks!!! Did have a couple of issues, however. The first was that I suddenly lost power to my condenser fans. Did trace it back to the downstream side of the fuse in the EZ Electrical panel. I'll pull it off its mount and try to discover what went wrong. Had a few more spare circuits with wiring in the vicinity so I grabbed a new circuit. Solved. Second problem that still exists is the compressor cycles off after it starts cooling and does not come back on. Remember, the compressor and clutch are not new and are original to the '04 Engine (now 15 years old). I'll look at the AHU mounted thermostat today on the NEW AHU to see if it is faulty. It is the only thing controlling the compressor at this time. I have no pressure limiting switches (low or high) in the system at this time. Once I solve the underlying problem, I'll wire in the factory pressure switch that is located on the compressor manifold I had modified.

Not too clean but it all fits with nothing rubbing. Note that the un-crimped line shown in this photo did get crimped before gassing up. My appreciation of you guys who can make these engine compartments look clean grows daily.
Name:  IMG_9235.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  72.3 KB

Using my Dad's old Vacuum Pump. Been so long since we used it, the oil was gone. Put some fresh oil in it and it still runs like new.
Name:  IMG_9236.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  66.5 KB

Stuffed all the new refrigeration and hot water lines among the remote W.S. washer filler, filter dryer, home grown transmission cooling lines, misc. wiring, radiator overflow tank and radiator hoses. Done!!
Name:  IMG_9237.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  87.8 KB

Went to look at some old Schwinn's yesterday and came home with some garage art for the new house. Couldn't pass at $10 each. Also brought home a fairly rare Schwinn Mini-Twinn (Tandem Stingray) that is missing a few parts. This stuff chases me down.
Name:  stop yield signs.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  41.8 KB
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote