View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 09:37 PM   #23
May70

Re: Dustless Blasting / media blasting quote

So I have a variable speed buffer with a 7" sander attachment. It took this off in one small pass with 240 grit but the metal was hot to the touch after just that. How hot is TOO HOT (to risk warping the panel)? I feel like if I used that thing for more than a second it would get really hot.

I tried a wire cup and that was much slower and made it way hotter than the buffer. What makes this contour sct machine magically not put as much heat into the panel??????? how hot does the panel get using the contour machine? The only difference I see is a drum vs pad which does not seem like it would make that much heat difference.

Ive used chemical stripper before but I have also read to avoid them because they can cause failure with paint later and that there is no way to 100% not have that risk.

I got another quote today from a different media blaster. He would just say 200$/hr plus 13$/bag and couldn't even give me an estimation of how long it would take. Which seems very strange and he wanted them dropped off and he would call me when they were done, so I couldn't see for my self how long it took them. Everyone wants to get rich quick off the average guy who barely makes it.
Attached Images

May70 is offline   Reply With Quote