Thread: 47-55.1 Chevy 3600 5.3 LH6
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #6

Re: Chevy 3600 5.3 LH6

Yes its all aluminum block, ive actually known one other person to use one in a monte carlo ss he had his set up pretty nice, yes its a front sump, and the cylinder deactivation setup i believe your referring to the displacement on demand ? I looked into that and they have a delete kit thats fairly easy to do, i was going to do that on the TB when i used to drive it and put a cam but it being a fairly cheap vehicle to own i decided not to build the engine up i think this engine is going to be pretty sweet in my 3600 with IFS and possibly a 4 link in the rear? Still weighting in on the rear options c notch seems more realistic for my budget, another thing is i would like a 6x5.5 bolt pattern if possible i have a beautiful set of trailblazer SS rims id love to incorporate, i am wondering about my transmission options the stock TB trans i am considering but not even sure what trans is in it havnt got down to look yet haha but i want a manual trans and i will need to figure out what trans will go well with the LH6 5.3 im very excited to get this going but i want to be totally prepared id love to be driving in the spring, i could drive now as all original 3600 but that was my dads style (R.I.P) not mine lol i do want somthing diffrent then the 3100 and other 3600s i want it long and lowered now air bags even later on i hope the speedway motors crossmember is a good choice cause that looks like the winner for me, this truck will never haul another load so hoping the bolt in works out they say they fit 3/4 ton on there website.
1953 is offline   Reply With Quote