View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 08:15 PM   #10
2 Stovebolts

Re: Destroyed Dashes for Radio's- Breaker One/Nine

The previous owner?? Remember back in the day, there was no such thing as battery operated 'saws alls' I'll bet, the good ole boy worked up a good sweat... While we're on the subject of this boy wonder...I'll explain the following pics...This chapter only pertains to the alternator....Now you ask...how something so simple can get derailed? - Somewhere along the way the alternator failed....so a trip to a 'pick & pull' or junk yard netted a typical used GM alternator...Upon attempted installation it was discovered it did not line up with the water pump pulley....So he removed the lower cast iron alternator bracket and hacked the end off to bring the alternator forward. He took care of the remaining slop with bolts & washers...and by the way it still did not line up correctly...While undoing that mess I discovered the water pump pulley had a 'FORD' oval on it and the spacer was to long causing the rake on the new single core radiator....Parts availability??? as you know its not like going to Auto Zone to get what was destroyed...A local electrical shop provided the correct alternator pulley...The bracket was not easy to get...then the W/P pulley. The replacement radiator was easy... replaced it with a 3 core....So that's the saga on the alternator and no - the radiator did not leak, believe it or not....probably because it was rather new.....Anybody interested in a used radiator???....More to follow....
Attached Images