View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 03:35 PM   #27
2 Stovebolts

Re: Destroyed Dashes for Radio's- Breaker One/Nine

Not discouraged in the least...actually quite intrigued by the level or should I say depths of ambition of what is rationalized to be acceptable...especially when a time factor is involved... meaning it was OK back in the day of CB's and newly developed cassette's. Its kinda like a child taking a crayon to a living room wall, with the parent saying 'Oh that's OK he's only expressing himself....Moving on..... Here's another example of boy wonder trying to engage a parking brake on a truck with a rusted & frozen brake cable....The mighty strength of his left leg....I bet he wasn't no 90 lb. weakling.. Wonder who he raised on the CB when the pedal didn't go down?....Actually the pad was right up against the kick panel...I couldn't help myself from trying to straighten it out.... I'd given anything to see the look on his face when the pedal didn't go down......Probably spewed out some choice words as well..... No problem... I jacked up the rear, removed the dual's (that was a picnic) pulled the axles. removed the drums (another picnic) did a complete brake job, with wheel cylinders.....and replaced the emergency brake cables!!!....All before lunch...What's for desert ??? - Mind you I'm no spring chicken....70 next year.....I challenge some of you guys to go out in the strawberry patch and climb into an old truck and try to set the emergency brake!...He's my boy....How I wished I could have met him....The guy I bought the truck from was a bit cagey when I asked him about my findings....I'm sure he wasn't the culprit...
Attached Images