View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 11:42 PM   #5
izzy_Britton

Re: 03 Tahoe Front Windows Not Working

UPDATE:

As strange as it sounds to me, because i have bought 25+ of these trucks in the past 5 years, and never one time had a problem with a window motor, BOTH window motors were bad.

I popped the door panels off and hooked 12 Volts to the motors and all they did was fizzle pop and smoke. not only are they bad but they were a fire hazard.

I bought some Dorman replacement regulators with motors and just swapped them out whole. Problem solved.

I will mention that i am not fond of the dorman regulators. they are supposed to be a direct replacement which they pretty much seem to be. However the quality is lacking as they seem to be very cheaply made and they are missing one complete mount point when bolting them up. I would probably rathered to have just the motors and replaced only the motors if that is even possible? I saved the bad regulators just to see if i can pull the motors off and replace them with new dorman units, maybe on another project.
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote