View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 02:50 PM   #11
professor229

Re: 1995 transmission cross member removal

I am not too concerned about the four frame bolts as I can actually cut them off, and replace them with new... but the one that concerns me the most is the one bolt coming down from the transmission mount.... it is quite rusty and has deteriorated some.... I am going to try to get the two bolts loose from above the cross member that hold the mount to the transmission... If so, it is the same difference... once the cross member is removed, hopefully, I might look into just buying a new transmission mount... cheap enough.... and then go to work on the actual chore of a transmission fluid change.... I noticed on 1997 C1500 Chevy move the transmission cross member support out of the way.... betcha they got a little heat from a bunch of Chevy dealers.... I am going to take this one step at a time, and wait for a crappy rainy day to change the oil and then go to work on cleaning up the bolts with a wire wheel (dremel tool) and then soak them down a bit and see what happens.... will probably get back to this thread if I find something weird... but I don't expect to... thanks again...
professor229 is offline   Reply With Quote