View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 02:33 PM   #553
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

One of the hinge bolts when through in a bad spot and hit part of the body support. (Photo #1 It's a poor picture but hopefully everyone can see the problem) This was one of the previously drilled holes. I remember it as it had a 5/16" lag bolt screwed into it. Uhggg! I will have to get in there somehow and grind a flat spot for the nut to sit.

If you ever need to tighten up the bolts across the front and you have no help you need one of these. (Photos #2 & 3). I took a short 3/8" extension and on the square end ground two of the flats so a 3/8" wrench fit snugly. Then a flat washer (to hold the spring against the wrench) between the extension and the socket. The wood block compresses the spring and it holds the socket on the fastener. The wrench hits the body and I was able to tighten the bolts by hand from above. I tried to use an impact but it just blew things apart underneath. It actually worked far better than I expected it to.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote