View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #154
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
That's a nice dust cloud. Probably has anice lead and asbestos cocktail. ..
Maybe some mold and 100 years of mouse & bat poop, too . I got two shots on my drive-by.

It was a good house with a large lot. It had a nice barn they took down a few years earlier. A few new houses are going up on a little new culdesac. I'm surprised the town allowed it. We have one of those brown "Historic Mt. Airy" signs out on the interstate. They tear this down to built ranchers that are all the same design on top of each other. The town is not a designated historic site, but still seems contrary the town didn't require a design that fit in, what with that sign they put out on the hiway. We have always had poor planning in this town. More like none from what I see, other than "broaden the tax base".

The dust caught my attention because I have to worry about a $5k fine (per violation) for not following the extremely ridiculously strict guidelines set forth by the EPA for work on any area about the size of a sheet of plywood on any house built before 1975. I don't know any other way to go about tearing down a house. I just see the hypocrisy in it all. If I replaced one of those windows there would be a list of a dozen things I'd be required to do. One would be lay plastic sheeting on the roof I have to stand on. "Hey OSHA, how do you feel about that one?"
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-07-2019 at 10:13 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote